Saturday, June 19, 2010

Starting over

Have you ever missed your mouth while gulping a soft drink or sipping a cup of coffee? It's embarrassing, and it happened to me on my way to work a while back. There was no time to go home and change my clothes so I had to wear the stain on my nice pressed white shirt. All during the day I felt obligated to explain to everyone I met the story of my clumsiness. During our lives we all make mistakes, do things we're ashamed of, say things we regret. They are stains on our spiritual clothes. Wouldn't it be nice to erase those stains, change our spiritual clothes, start all over. It can happen. God's grace can remove anything, no matter how permanent the stain may appear. It's like being given a new identity and an opportunity for a clean fresh start. Wearing clean clothes is part of our daily routine, why not make it part of our spiritual lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment